R.B. Hauf, Payne County Sheriff
Payne County Sheriff
The following rules are promulgated for the safe, efficient and orderly operation of the Payne County Jail. They are not intended to interfere with or restrict any course of action the Sheriff deems reasonable and necessary to preseve the safety and security of the jail.
- Prisoners shall not fight, quarrel or cause a disturbance.
- The use of tobacco in the jail is prohibited.
- Prisoners shall not damage or deface their jail cell, bedding, blanket, and jail clothing or cell fixtures.
- Prisoners shall not place objects in the toilet or sink in an attempt to clog the plumbing.
- Prisoners shall not talk loudly, make noise or engage in any form of active or passive disruptive conduct.
- Prisoners shall not place anything in or on the jail bars.
Any inmate violating the jail rules may:
- Have jail privileges suspended (i.e. commissary, visitation, television, cell telephone)
- Lose "good time", "work time" or trustee credits
- Have contempt proceedings instituted against him/her
- Have criminal charges filed against him/her
The sheriff is authorized to establish and enforce additional rules.